Saturday 17 October 2009

My first christmas cards!

I made this card for my friend Jaki, who lives in Canada. Thought I had better get it in the post, what with all the looming strikes! It inspired me to start my christmas cards earlier than I usually do! The image - I think, - is Tilda...tho don't quote me on that! One of my lovely friends on docrafts sent it to me. I coloured it with my promarkers, and added some glossy accents to her wellies. I matted her onto some lovely paper from a dovecarft paper pack, added some ribbon and some diecut snowflakes.



I made this for another Canadian friend...who has been staying with my folks for the last three weeks. I wanted to give her this before she went back there...she will be on the plane home now as I type! You can't see it in this pic, but I have glittered a lot of this card with stickles gold glitter, highlighting: the bells, clock, ornaments and fire.




I got into the swing of these cards so made this for a stall I am having soon. Another La pase dcoupage...glittered (although it didn't photograph). Love the curtains on this one.


And one more.... for the stall. (La pashe decoupage) I love the images of the old fashioned toys in this window. You can just imagine what the little girl is thinking. Again, glittered on all of the snow parts, and santas beard....but it didn't show up again! xx





3 comments:

Ruby Tuesday said...

lovely cards Vicky your all organised for Christmas I have not made any yet. I love the old fashioned images you have used Pam xx

Jackie said...

Brilliant atart to your Christmas cards Vicky :o)
Jackie xx

Sartassa said...

I cannot decide which I one I like better here but I think it's the cuirtain one, they are lovely as you said
I came across your blog, I am new at making cards, hehe you inspired me ;) thankies