Wednesday 29 December 2010

A card and altered art.

On boxing day, I made this card for my sister-in-law who is turning 30 in a couple of days. She will be on holiday with her fella, sunning herself on the beaches of Thailand, so I made her this card before she went away. I used the "girls about town" images from charmed cards and carfts... they are so easy to use! I did a little jiggery-pokery to make this card more personal to Jane. I decoupaged the woman, the bags and the shop sign and put glossy accents all over her boots to make them shine!




Now....
This is what I bought from a car boot sale, back in October. A pound this cost me....
"Why did she buy that?!" I hear you ask!?!?.......

I had an idea in mind, and I wanted to have a go. .........




TADAAAA!!!!!!
This is the same item...altered, me-style! Hannahs photo-board!

I took out the glass and the "picture", painted the frame with a couple of coats of white gloss, covered the back board with some fabric I bought that I knew my cousin (Hannah) would like, used my cropodile to put some holes in, then jewel brads to hold the jute string. I die-cut her name and some flowers and added them to the frame. Little wooden pegs hold the photos that I printed off, of her family and friends. The idea is, she changes the photos as often as she likes. ...and she liked!!!! Hannah is 12 and I worried this wouldn't be trendy enough for her, but I can tell you, she LOVED it! So did her Mum and Dad!!!








No comments: