Wednesday 30 March 2011

"Thinking of you" collection

My hubby asked me to make him a "thinking of you" card for the next day - for a collegue at his work. They just found out his wife had cancer - and some of his workmates wanted to send them a card. So I made three to choose from. This first one is the one they chose. I printed off the image, with a simple computer generated sentiment, added a bit of glossy accents on the red and purple flowers and a couple of gems arounf the sentiment, before popping foam pads behind and an embossed border round the card. I must admit, I really like this second card too... another sentiment I found on the internet. I embossed a strip behind the image, added some glossy accents to the flowers and some gems to the bigger flowers. Again, I mounted this on foam - to stand off the card a little. I actually used a cream card this time....I don't often veer -off white, but this time, I thought it called for a softer cream backing.



Finally, the third card I made.... I can't quite remember where I got this image, But I think it is lovely and would easily suit lots of occassions. A simple computer generated sentiment sits at the bottom of the image, which is matted onto red, then embossed round the edge to give a clean finish.



3 comments:

Jackie said...

They are all beautiful cards :o)
Jackie xx

MeandLilG said...

Hi hun. These are amazing. So sorry to hear their sad news - best wishes to them both. I love the first one best, but they're all perfect. Hugs xxx

Barbi said...

You've won a Love Blog award, your cards and site are fab.
Take care - Barbi - x -